Effective Date: April 1, 2019
Information we collect
Depending on your use of the Status Site and Services, we may collect and process the following information from you:
- Your name;
- Your account security credentials, such as login and password;
- Your contact information, such as home or work address, telephone number, and email contact;
- Information you provide by completing forms on Status’s Site, including your occupational, educational, and business information;
- Information about your activity on and interaction with Status;
- Communications you send to us; and
- Information that you submit on or to Status in the form of submissions, comments, or email correspondence.
You may decline to provide your information to Status, though doing so will limit your ability to use the Status site.
How we use this information
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To create and administer your account and contact you;
- To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve and promote our services;
- To assist you and to improve our customer service;
- To communicate with you;
- To maintain our business relationship with you;
- To keep your account secure and protect our Services; and
- To track and analyze use of our Services.
How we hold your information
Status takes security seriously, and follows industry-standard practices to protect the information we collect and maintain against loss, misuse, and unauthorized alteration. While we endeavor to protect all information in our possession and control, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure or can protect against all potential security breaches. We bear no liability for uses or disclosures of information arising in connection with the theft thereof.
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. If you close an account you have with us or decide not to continue your relationship with Status, we may still keep your information.
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized, or pseudonymized information that we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our Site, improve our Services, or comply with legal obligations.
Cookies are small data files that are issued to your device when you visit a website and that store information about your use of a service. Pixel tags (which are also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels) are little snippets of code or tiny images embedded on websites and in email that help us learn how you interact with our site and emails.
When using Status’s Site or Services, we may create “cookies” on your computer for purposes of facilitating and maintaining your current user session to help us understand your use of the Site and enable you to access, navigate and use the Services. Status may collect information using those cookies in order to enable us to identify you in connection with the Services and to track your use of the Services for purposes consistent with this policy.
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings, but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the Site.
Users residing in certain countries, including the European Union, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information.
Data protection law in the EU requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include:
- Performance of the contracts to which you will be a party;
- To pursue our legitimate interests as part of running our business; or
- In order to comply with legal obligations to which we’re subject.
Because Status is based in the United States, your information will be collected and processed in the United States. The US has its own laws governing data protection and government access to information. The rules that protect your personal information under US law may be different than in your home country.
You can request a downloadable copy of your personal data from Status or request that your account be deleted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact our Directors, please email email@example.com. You can also contact us in writing at:
Gigus Technology, Inc.
ATTN: Status re: Data Protection
2035 Sunset Lake Road, Suite B-2
Newark, Delaware 19702